photo home-28.png photo about-36.png photo shop-10.png photo events-2.png photo create-1.png photo contact-30.png

Watercolor Swan Cookies+Sugar Cookie Recipe





These swans are some of my favorite cookies.  I've made them before with white wings, but this time I decided to hand-paint their wings with a touch of pink and gold.  Making the pink water color was simple with a touch of pink food coloring and water. For the gold, I used this go-to luster dust.  I added a little bit of water with the luster dust and mixed to create a gold water-color.

To learn more about the techniques of royal icing and sugar cookies, email me for local classes that I host 
// meohmycouture@gmail.com // 

Below I'm sharing a quick and easy cookie recipe that you can use for cut -out cookies, or use for drop cookies.








Recipe:
1 egg (for a more substantial cookie you can add another egg yolk) 
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1 box of Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix.  You can try other types of cake mix too.  I've tried tons of different flavors.  Some favorites are chocolate and lemon.

Mix the ingredients until the dough comes together.  Drop cookie dough into rough tablespoon-size balls onto cookie sheets with parchment paper, or roll out on parchment paper with plenty of flour. Cut-out and place on sheet.  If you're doing cut-out cookies make sure to cool for at least an hour before baking, so your cookies get a nice crisp edge.
Bake at 350 F for 9-10 minutes, until cookies begin to turn slightly golden brown.
Let the cookies cool, then frost with a buttercream (one of my favorites here), or decorate with royal icing.

Enjoy, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k